Preparing for laser vision correction
- Get an eye exam:
Which enables your doctor to draw a complete picture of your visual system. Diagnostics is performed with modern computerized equipment and allows measuring the main parameters of your vision system with maximum accuracy, determining the cause of poor eyesight, identifying potential hazards and possible contraindications for laser vision correction, and predicting the result of the future correction. In complicated cases, the doctor may perform additional surgeries beforehand to strengthen eye tissues or to stop progressing myopia. Laser vision correction can be performed on the same day immediately after a comprehensive vision diagnostics. The only condition is for you to agree on this point when scheduling your visit by phone.
2. Get tested:
- RW blood test (Wassermann reaction).
- Blood test for HBs Ag.
- You can have these tests either at your local clinic or at Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic (additional service, extra charge applies).
Remove your soft contact lenses the day before the test and one week before the correction procedure to get an accurate diagnosis and reliable results. If you wear hard contact lenses, specialists recommend removing them for one month..
Avoid drinking alcohol two days before the correction.
The day of the correction:
- Do not use decorative cosmetics, toilet water, perfume;
- Dress in cotton clothing (shirt or blouse) with an open collar or front zipper;
- Have a pair of spare shoes with you;
- Get your sunglasses;
- Be sure to bring your passport or ID card.
After laser vision correction
Vision correction does not require hospitalization; you can go home the same day. However, after the procedure, you need to stay in the clinic for about two hours for the doctor to make a control eye exam.
- Avoid touching your eyes for the first 24 hours after the procedure. Do not rub your eyes. In case of lacrimation, you should only dry your cheeks with a clean handkerchief or a sterile napkin.
- You can take sedatives and pain relievers such as analgin, baralgin, ketorol, etc. in the first hours after the procedure, if necessary.
- Try to sleep on your back for the first 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid getting any detergents or dirty water in your eyes for 2-3 days after laser vision correction.
- If necessary, your doctor may prescribe special drops or other medications to protect your eyes from infection after the procedure. Use drops, ointments, eye gels, etc. during the recovery period only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages during the rehabilitation period.
- Do not sunbathe; use sunglasses in sunny weather.
- Have your eyes checked after 1, 3, 7, 14 days as well as one month and three months after laser vision correction. Your attending physician should determine the exact schedule for the check-ups. If you can’t make the visit, please inform us at the clinic’s registrar’s office.
During a brief recovery period after laser vision correction, the following is contraindicated:
- Visiting baths, saunas, swimming pools, bathing in open water bodies;
- Using hair spray, aerosols, decorative cosmetics;
- Physical activity involving increased traumatism or lifting heavy objects.
Having completed all of the above stages of preparation for laser vision correction and the operation itself in Kyiv at the Eximer clinic, you are guaranteed to restore vision by 100%.