- 1999The Eximer Laser Vision Correction Center was opened in Kyiv, Malopodvalna Street.
- 2000Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic performed the first outpatient cataract surgeries in Ukraine.
- 2001Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic relocated to new premises at 5B Dimitrova St. A pediatric department was opened at Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic and outpatient pediatric surgery became available in Ukraine for the first time.
- 2002Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic in Kyiv was awarded the Order “For Labor Achievements” by the government of Ukraine.
- 2003Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic performed the first outpatient vitreous surgeries in Ukraine.
- 2004Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has launched the second Eximer laser VISX StarS4, applied the aberrometry analysis technique, started using multifocal artificial intraocular lenses for abdominal surgery.
- 2005Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic was repeatedly awarded the Highest Accreditation Category of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- 2006Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic presents new equipment for laser vision correction, implements Epi-lasik technique which is exclusive for Ukraine, starts using aspheric lenses for cataract surgery; opens specialized clinic for children’s ophthalmology Eximer KIDS.
- 2007Renovated Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic for adults was opened.
- 2008Phakic lenses from the Swiss company STAAR are widely used (new possibilities of vision correction for patients with high myopia and hyperopia). Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic opened a unit for spectacle and contact lens correction.
- 2009The Expert Committee of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine awarded Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic with the Higher Accreditation Category for the third time.
- 2010Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic is the first in Ukraine to use a new drug to treat age-related macular dystrophy, Lucentis.
- 2011Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic is the only clinic in Ukraine certified to implant Crystalens accommodating intraocular lenses, which can be recommended not only for cataract treatment but also to get rid of age-related farsightedness (presbyopia). Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic is the first clinic in Ukraine to have successfully implanted the new artificial lenses AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Toric IOL (Acrysof® IQ ART), which provide patients with high-quality near and far vision without the need for optical correction and also make it possible to compensate for corneal astigmatism. A new method of keratoconus treatment, cross-linking, became available at Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic in Kyiv to stabilize keratoconus progression, stop thinning of the cornea, and prevent corneal transplantation. A unique corneal pathology treatment, Keratoplasty, aimed at restoring corneal shape and functions has become available at Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic.
- 2012Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic in Kyiv has launched orthokeratology (night vision correction or Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) with Paragon lenses) for treating myopia and astigmatism.
- 2013Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has introduced a new Femto-LASIK technique of laser vision correction. This is a unique solution for myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism, and an ideal option for patients with a thin cornea, complicated vision conditions, or intolerance to other laser correction methods. The correction is totally contact-free, allowing you to achieve the highest visual performance.
- 2014Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has begun to implant innovative, high-tech trifocal intraocular lenses after lens extraction for therapeutic or refractive purposes. This artificial lens, unlike previously used multifocal lenses, provides good vision not only for near vision but also better vision for medium and far distances, especially at night, which allows eyeglass-free navigation at any distance and in any lighting conditions. Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has started using innovative filtering phakic lenses aimed at correcting complex refractive errors, which, unlike the previously used lenses, do not require prior treatment. The clinic trained specialists of all levels (physicians, optometrists, mid-level medical staff, managers, administrators), who, after completing their advanced training, became employees of Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic in Odesa. Following the inauguration of this clinic, the best specialists from the Kyiv clinic worked with their Odesa colleagues, helping them ensure high global standards of ophthalmic care, typical of Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic, from day one.
- 2015Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has decided to implant only intraocular lenses with aspheric optics by the best manufacturers to achieve the highest possible quality of vision in its patients. Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has begun using innovative filtering phakic lenses to correct complex refractive errors, which, unlike the previously used lenses, do not require prior laser operations.
- 2017Eximer Ophthalmology Clinic has introduced the most advanced and effective method of cataract surgery, using a femtosecond laser. The major stages of surgery are now performed in a virtually contact-free and attenuated manner, minimizing the ultrasound impact on the eye structures and shortening the recovery period. The new cataract treatment is distinguished by its unprecedented accuracy, maximum possible improvement of visual characteristics, and stable and predictable result. The revolutionary precision of the surgery is provided by the unique femtosecond laser system LenSx from Alcon (USA), which was developed especially for cataract surgery. The introduction of a progressive treatment method is also supported by the pricing policy. Eximer patients can undergo femtosecond laser cataract extraction for the price of a conventional surgical operation. One of the principles of our work is to contribute to the implementation of the global standards of eye disease treatment in Ukrainian medicine.
History of the Clinic
Make an appointment with an ophthalmologist